We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 8 December 2014

#129 Christmas and a Design Team Call

It's that time of year again!

Welcome to our last challenge of 2014. We have picked a nice easy one this time around, Christmas. I am sure you all still have those last minute cards to get done so we look forward to being amazed at your fabulous creations. 

I am hosting this one. Well you can't dump all the work on your team at Christmas even if you want to!

Before we get on with the sponsors and the DT inspiration, sadly we are losing a couple of members of our team after this challenge, so this challenge will serve as a DT call as well. If you think you might be interested in joining us please add DT after your name in the linky list. We're a very laid back team, and I am sure you will have fun if you join us! If you want to join us, but don’t want to enter the challenge just drop me an email at the address in the sidebar with a link to your blog.

I would like to thank Suze and Viv for all their hard work. I'm hoping Viv might still be able to join in with the team with the odd challenge when she can find time, but she has an exciting year ahead, so I wish her every success with her plans, and Suze has a busy year planned as well, and I wish her well too.

So onto the challenge itself

We have two sponsors for this our last challenge of the year. It will run for three weeks closing on 28th December, but we will not be back until January 12th with our first challenge of 2015. I may or may not announce the winners before the New Year, depending on how busy I end up being and how much last minute Christmas stuff I still have to do!

Our first sponsor is

With this fabulous prize
is giving this fabulous bag of crafting yumminess

Some inspiration from our DT

Lin
CCM 129 Christmas
My image is from Rubber Stampede and embossing folder from Spellbinders. A nice traditional looking Santa and a simple embossed background.

Josephine
For this card, I kept the design simple and just let the gorgeous card and die cuts take centre-stage. The die cuts used dies from Spellbinders, and the embossing folder is from Crafter's Companion. The sentiment is from an inkless stamp I've had for many years.

Jackie
 
My card is made using some hobbycraft cardstock  as a background and highlighting a lovely House of Zandra stamp, coloured with promarkers in a simple mat and layer combination.

Pamellia
It's been snowing up here in Canada for a few days now, so I really had a craving to do something extra wintery. I used lots of fake snow, white glitter, glitter paste and frosty blues to make my winter wonderland Christmas card.

Vania
 

Kimx
I have used what has turned out to be my favourite Christmas stamp of 2014, this fabulous Woodware Poinsettia designed by my friend Jane Gill. This time I have painted it with Watercolour Pearlex, but there are several other examples over on my blog.

Suze
I made a selection of Christmas gift card holders. A very simple design which makes two holders from one A4 sheet. (instructions on my blog)

Julie


Carole

Christmas is that time of year when most of us will batch make our cards. I'm no exception - although I do like to make each one slightly different. So for these Vintage style cards, the layout is the same - just different papers and embellishments.

Sally
I have stamped onto some wood effect paper and created a frame with embossed paper and dies. Foliage, flowers, a bow and lots of pearls finish my card.
 
I created a white on white Christmas card using Crafters Companion embossing folder, dies and stamps. I used gray ink on the die cut characters and sentiments, and matted the background on matching gray shimmer cardstock. There is just a pop of color from the beads on the wire Christmas tree. 

Any entry that does not meet the challenge requirement or that does not follow our simple rules will  be deleted. If you are having issues with any other linking matter please mail me at the address in the side bar.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all at Crafty Cardmakers!
 
LIN W

11 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous creations!!
    Wow!!
    Smiles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi girls couldn't enter DT on the linky tool but just wanted to let you know that I would like to be considered,
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am a new follower and have entered your challenge.
    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin, thanks for popping over and telling me about the "missing link" lol, sorry about that, I thought I had done it, and I wonder if the answer is that I did, but accidentally deleted it when adding or moving one of the others.

    It is done now.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a fun challenge and fantastic inspirations Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I would love to leave you an email but your email/contact us link is not working. I would LOVE to be considered for your DT! I will try to make a new card and link it up if time permits, but you can see all of my stuff over at my blog on http://crimsonowlcreations.wordpress.com/ I've got quite a few Christmas cards there! My email is crimsonowl@charter.net
    Take care,
    Michele H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the DT examples and so many beautiful projects! I'm writing to let you know I have sent you an email (I know sometimes email isn't a priority) ~ just an FYI - Thanks so much & have a fantastic holiday ~ Christi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful DT creations. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello I'm new so not sure if it has worked but I have entered a card (it said my post needs approving

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I am your newest follower! Love your DT's inspirational projects and entered here first time. You have an DT call too and would love to be considered for DT call. You can see my other creations at my blog:
    http://madewithlovencare.blogspot.in/
    Have a Wonderful and Fun Filled Season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello everyone. A new year and a new name of my blog. I want to let you know i've changed it today!
    I don't have the time next week to change it. THe new link to my blog is
    http://saskiascraftspace.blogspot.nl/2014/12/happy-2015.html That's the link now for my card.
    HOpe you'll find it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.